Celestino Santos-Buelga has BSc and PhD in Pharmacy. He is a Full Professor of Food Science at University of Salamanca (Spain) since December 2002, and Director of the Polyphenols Research Group (GIP-USAL), acknowledged as a Group of Excellence (Castilla y León, Spain). He has been visiting researcher at the Institut de Produits de la Vigne (Station Expérimentale de Pech Rouge-Narbonne, France) and Lehrstuhl für Obstbau – Technische Universität München (Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany). His teaching experience covers courses of Basic Food Science and Food Chemistry in the Degrees of Pharmacy, Biology and Biochemistry. His research specialization is related to the study of phenolic compounds from plants, their chemistry, extraction, analysis and structural characterization, transformations and influence on the stability and sensory properties of processed food of plant origin, dietary intake and relationships with human health. His current research interests are focused on the health implications of dietary flavonoids, their bioavailability, metabolism, biological activity, molecular mechanisms and effects. He is author of more than 270 articles in JCR journals, which received over 12,000 cites, having an H-index of 62 (Web of Science, August 2019).
- This Christmas impress your family and friends with a Mediterranean Diet menu
- Special Issue Benefits of the Mediterranean Diet–Wine Association: Role of Components” [Molecules—IF 3.060]
- The Fluid Aspect of the Mediterranean Diet in the Prevention and Management of Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes: The Role of Polyphenol Content in Moderate Consumption of Wine and Olive Oil
- Oral Presentations Prizes
- Updating the Food-Based Dietary Guidelines for the Spanish Population: The Spanish Society of Community Nutrition (SENC) Proposal