Maria Palma Mateus is graduated in Nutritional Sciences, with a PhD in Food Consumption and Nutritional Sciences and a Master in Clinical Nutrition both by the Faculty of Nutritional Sciences and Food, University of Porto. Full Professor at the School of Health, University of the Algarve (ESSUAlg) and researcher in several funded projects in the areas of the Mediterranean Diet, obesity and active aging, being responsible for the University of Algarve, for the project 0290_MEDITA_5_P – Mediterranean Diet Promotes Health, funded by FEDER through the POCTEP Operational Program. And is part of the research team of the project 0348_CIE_6_E – “International Center on Aging”, funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) through the POCTEP Operational Program. Member of the Mediterranean Diet Working Group of the University of Algarve since March 2014.
- Special Issue Benefits of the Mediterranean Diet–Wine Association: Role of Components” [Molecules—IF 3.060]
- The Fluid Aspect of the Mediterranean Diet in the Prevention and Management of Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes: The Role of Polyphenol Content in Moderate Consumption of Wine and Olive Oil
- Oral Presentations Prizes
- Updating the Food-Based Dietary Guidelines for the Spanish Population: The Spanish Society of Community Nutrition (SENC) Proposal
- Mediterranean Diet Adherence is Associated with Lower Prevalence of Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders in Children and Adolescents