Lluis Serra-Majem is Professor of Preventive Medicine & Public Health and Director of the Research Institute of Biomedical and Health Sciences at the University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria. He is also the group coordinator of Ciber OBN at the Instituto Carlos III. He serves on the Steering Committee, among others, of the following European Union Projects: EURRECA: EURopean RECommendations Aligned .Harmonising nutrient recommendations across Europe with special focus on vulnerable groups and consumer understanding; BENERIS: Benefit-Risk assessment for food: an iterative value-of-information approach; PIPS: Personalised Information Platform for Life and Health Services and ENHR II: European Nutrition Health Report II. He is also involved in the Spanish Ministry of Health’s Thematic Networks of Cooperative Health Research (RETICs): Healthy eating and the prevention of chronic diseases: the Predimed Network.
- Special Issue Benefits of the Mediterranean Diet–Wine Association: Role of Components” [Molecules—IF 3.060]
- The Fluid Aspect of the Mediterranean Diet in the Prevention and Management of Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes: The Role of Polyphenol Content in Moderate Consumption of Wine and Olive Oil
- Oral Presentations Prizes
- Updating the Food-Based Dietary Guidelines for the Spanish Population: The Spanish Society of Community Nutrition (SENC) Proposal
- Mediterranean Diet Adherence is Associated with Lower Prevalence of Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders in Children and Adolescents