Prof. Boban was awarded his medical doctor degree at the University of Zagreb, School of Medicine in 1989 and did his postdoctoral fellowship at the Medical College of Wisconsin, USA from 1989-1992. Since 1992, he has been working at the University of Split Medical School as head of the Department of Pharmacology, full professor and served as dean and vice-dean. He teaches pharmacology courses for students in the biomedicine field and carries out experimental research in the field of cardiovascular pharmacology, oxidative stress and biological effects of wine. He was president of the Croatian Pharmacological Society in two mandate terms (2001-2004, and 2013-2016). Prof. Boban served as member in various committees , scientific projects and organisations, he is the Croatian delegate to the International Organisation of Vine and Wine (OIV) and was President of Commission “Safety and Health” from 2009 – 2012.
- Effects of Extra Virgin Olive Oil Polyphenols on Beta-Cell Function and Survival
- Potential Uses of Olive Oil Secoiridoids for the Prevention and Treatment of Cancer
- The smell of the Mediterranean
- Secoiridoids: an intriguing class of bioactive compounds in olive oil
- Polyphenols & the Mediterranean Diet: Blueberries as part of a Healthy Diet