AEVP – Association of Port Wine Companies – is a private non-profit institution founded in January 1975 and based in Vila Nova de Gaia. The main purpose of AEVP, enshrined statutorily, is to “represent and protect the interests of its Members and to promote and defend of Industry and Trade of Port and Douro wines and other wine products of the Douro Demarcated Region“. AEVP brings together 18 Members who represent more than 90% of the total trade of Port Wine and around 35% of Douro wines with PDO (Protected Designation of Origin), a rare percentage that reflects its unquestioned positioning in the industry. AEVP holds the vice-presidency of the Interprofessional Council of the Port and Douro Wines Institute (IVDP), where it participates at various levels, and is the only representative of Trade in the Port Wine section of this Council. AEVP is a member, since 1990, of a European wine trade representative association called Comité Européen des Entreprises Vins (CEEV) based in Brussels. AEVP is also a founding member of WIM aisbl (“Wine in Moderation – Art de Vivre (WIM) aisbl”) a non-profit association founded in 2011 by the European wine sector to coordinate the implementation of the Wine in Moderation Program.
- Potential Uses of Olive Oil Secoiridoids for the Prevention and Treatment of Cancer
- The smell of the Mediterranean
- Secoiridoids: an intriguing class of bioactive compounds in olive oil
- Polyphenols & the Mediterranean Diet: Blueberries as part of a Healthy Diet
- The Mediterranean Diet in Osteoporosis Prevention: An Insight in a Peri- and Post-Menopausal Population